Friday, November 6, 2009

The Crew




The picture above you is one of my favorite pictures of all time. The fellow that you see in front of you is one of the most honest, loyal, intelligent, and ambitious men that I know.

His name is Lindell, I call him Lindy others call him "Dez"and he is my best friend. He is 18 years old (Dec. 20,1990), from South Jamaica Queens, NY and attends school at Buffalo State College. Coming from a rough environment that I know very well ; I must say he makes me proud; to beat the odds and see the importance of an education. He is my inspiration at times and if anyone can keep me motivated it's him. We have known eachother for 8 years and he has never, ever let me down. I truly love him with all my heart and he is the epitome of a great friend. He probably is the only guy that I love outside of the men in my family.
I know many people (even our parents) 
wonder; no, he is not, never was, and never will be my boyfriend. Trust me, our relationship is nothing like that at all. So, whoever said men and women cannot be friends apparently haven't met us. He is my shoulder to lean on and he listens to me when I go on random rants about boys, school, and clothes. He goes shopping with me even though he doesn't want to; without complaining, as long as I feed him. He accepts my mood swings, crazy outburst, and off the wall attitude; while I accept his blunt advice, greedy appetite, selfish tendensies, and when he acts like a big ole baby! Basically, we accept and love eachother flaws and all. Despite the bullshit, despite the distance, despite the months we may go without speaking; he has and always will be there for me, as I for him. To put it simple he is an amazing friend and I'm glad to see his transition from a boy to a man. 

& Ladies he's single =)


"All I need is the love of my crew. The whole industry can hate me I thugged my way through." -Jay Z ""

No comments: